In 2008, after the movie starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman, where they both took a road trip with a wish list of things to do before they ‘kick the bucket’, a lot of people became familiar with the idea of making a list.
A list of things you want to achieve in life is very essential to have. Instead of a ‘bucket list’, I will like to call it something more positive because everyone should have one as a reminder and motivational tool to achieve all you want in life and to strive to be the best you can be at all times. So, instead of ‘bucket list’, I will call it a ‘Life-time List’, things one wishes to achieve in their lifetime. See how…..
Divide your list into three sections; Achievements, Gratitude and Goal Lists.
Achievement List- List all of your past achievements whether achieved recently or years ago. A lot of us do not take the time to congratulate ourselves. We are already thinking about the next thing, forgetting that the one we have achieved is just as important and had taken a lot of effort. Not appreciating what we have already achieved can lead to a lot of frustration and stress, so no matter how small we may thing our achievement have been, take a moment and appreciate it. An achievement is an achievement and we must learn to pat ourselves on the back, take a moment and recognise all the things you have managed to achieve. Be happy about it and that will give you the strength and renewed zeal to achieve more.
Gratitude List- List all the things you are grateful for. There are a lot of positives that happen to us in life which we take for granted. We must remember to be thankful for these things. Gratitude makes us happier as individuals. Happiness goes a long way to building a positive self-confidence and with confidence, you can achieve just about anything. Be grateful for challenges. Challenges open new doors and lead us to new paths and opportunities. Challenges open our eyes to see things from a different perspective and that alone could lead to greatness. Make a list of all the things you are grateful for.
Goal List- List all of the things you would like to achieve in your lifetime. Marelisa’s blog; http://daringtolivefully.com/category/bucket-list is a great place to look at idea on what you could have on your bucket list. Be daring, believe in yourself and others will learn to believe in you.
Here are top 30 things I have cancelled off my list in no particular order:
1. Graduated from a top Nigerian University with a 2.1
2. Married my best friend and true love
3. Gave birth to three absolutely gorgeous children
4. Worked for the 4th best UK Lean Research Centre
5.Work for one of the world’s largest broadcasters, a FTSE top 30 company
6. Spent the holy week in Rome
7.Made a Distinction in MSc. in one of the popular Universities in the UK
8. Co-authored several Refereed Conference Papers on Lean and Six Sigma
9. Visited Disney World Florida with my family (mom, dad, sister, her kids and my kids..it was da bomb)
10. Finished my first novel (soon to be published on Kindle)
11. Started my own Personal Improvement blog
12. Visited the Colosseum
13. Had an audience with the Pope at the Vatican
14. Went into the Roman Catacombs
15. Spent a week in Paris
16. Threw a coin into the Trevi Fountain
17. Visited the Pantheon
18. Visited and prayed in several Roman Churches
19. Climbed the Eiffel tower
20. Read a book in Central Park
21. Got asked out by a stranger in Central Park (it was like a scene from the movie with my pages blown away by the wind and he picks it up just before I did and told me that he had been waiting for that to happen… Lol, I didn’t take up the date offer though)
22. Saw the naked cowboy on Time Square (well, he wasn’t completely naked..thank God!)
23. Dined with a holly wood movie star (Wesley Snipes) in Nigeria (he even joined in a family picture)
24. Thought my daughter to ride a bike
25. Reunited with some of my dearest friends I haven’t seen in a decade and half.
26. Watched Arsenal play at the Emirates Stadium
27. Spent three months at French Village Badagri, Lagos learning to speak French and several visits to Cotonou and Togo.
28. Spent a whole weekend with whole family, cousins and friends at a Texas Family Lake Resort
29.Visit to Miami Florida (always wanted to see Miami!!)
30. Continue to explore all the beautiful Museums and attractions London’s got to offer.
So much more to be done…and a lifetime to get it all done To God be the glory.